As you learned in this module families may face challenges that can affect how they engage in their children’s education and care. Early childhood educators should help families work through these challenges and engage in their children’s early education.
For your initial discussion post:
- Choose a challenge from this list in the lesson content folder online lecture The Challenges of Involving Families in Children’s Education. (below)
- Create an example to describe how a family may experience that challenge.
- Describe at least two strategies you would use to encourage the family to be engaged in their child’s early childhood program.
- For Families: Families may be busy balancing work and home life, therefore program activities may not a priority.
- For Educators: Educators may struggle with balancing working with children and other responsibilities therefore planning for family engagement is not a priority.