A book called Keep Your Eyes off the Ball came out a few years ago. It completely changed the way I watched football, highlighting what to pay attention to besides the ball. The purpose of these observations is to help you develop skills to pay attention to the psychological factors that are occurring and their impact on performance.
Sporting/Performance Observation #2
- Attend one separate sporting or performance event (Note: Your children’s events cannot be used.)
- These events can include youth, recreational, or professional sports events, as well as recitals or musical performances; basically, anything where a level of performance can be observed
- Read this week’s reading assignment from the textbook — Chapter 9: Psychological Characteristics of Peak Performance
- View the video https://www.pbs.org/video/brain-david-eagleman-episode-3-clip-2/
- Write a 250- to 350-word reflection p.aper providing a summary of the details of the event (e.g., where, when, who, what, etc.)
- What did you observe related to peak performance?
- What got in the way of some individuals performing well?
- Integrate concepts from the textbook and the video
- Follow APA guidelines
- See the assignment rubric below for more details
Williams, J. M., & Krane, V. (Eds.). (2021). Applied sports psychology: Personal growth to peak performance (8th ed.). McGraw-Hill Education.
- Chapter 9: Psychological Characteristics of Peak Performance
Episode 3| David Takes on a World Champion