- Discuss what you know and understand about Big Data – how do you define Big Data?
- Discuss three Vs presented in this chapter, by the Gardner Group – explain each of the three Vs (Volume, Velocity, and Variety).
- What are four major characteristics of Big Data? Provide examples drawn from current practice of each characteristic.
- Give at least two examples of MapReduce application.
- Discuss the “Promises” and “Perils” of Big Data (be certain to discuss at least one promise and also one peril)