1. Read the following list of abolitionist organizations
- Project NIA: “works to end the incarceration of children and young adults by promoting restorative and transformative justice”
- 8toabolition: “is a police and prison abolition campaign created during the Black Lives Matter protests of 2020 following the killing of George Floyd”
- Survived and Punished: is a “national volunteer-run organization that campaigns for the abolition of custodial sentences for victims of abuse who defended themselves from their attacker”
- California Collective of Women Prisoners: “We monitor and challenge the abusive conditions inside California women’s prisons. We fight for the release of women and trans prisoners. We support women and trans people in their process of re-entering the community.”
2. Choose one of the above organizations or campaigns and explore their website. Consider finding their twitter and instagram and following their pages.
3. Create and submit a document, a short video or audio recording, or creative art work that includes the following information:
- A short summary of the organization or campaign that you chose: what issues does the organization or campaign address? Who is involved in the organization? Whose needs and demands are being centered?
- Does your organization/ campaign have a mission statement? if so, what is it?
- How does the organization/ campaign adopt an abolitionist framework?
- What are your perspectives or thoughts about this organization or campaign?
Second: read the attachment below