- Think about areas/topics/populations within Public Health that are of special interest to you (e.g., women’s health, HIV/AIDS, diabetes, low-income Latinas, epidemiology, etc.). If you are a Public Health major, these topics should be related to your career path of interest once you graduate with a degree in Public Health from Cal State LA. If you are not a Public Health major, these areas/topics/populations should be of special interest to you and/or relevant to your desired area of study.
- Once you have brainstormed ideas, select one area/topic/population within Public Health that you would like to further explore.
- Next, go to the “CDC Public Health Grand Rounds” website located at https://www.cdc.gov/grand-rounds/ (Links to an external site.)
- Click on the “See All Topics” icon in the middle right-hand side of the page.
- Review the available topics and select one grand rounds video that is related to your selected Public Health area/topic/population of interest. You may use the search function to locate related videos as well. If you cannot find a video that matches your selected area/topic/population, you may need to switch to a new area/topic/population of interest that has a corresponding video.
- Once selected, view the video in-full. All videos are approximately 1 hour in length.
- Once you have viewed your selected video, complete the LA 4: CDC Grand Rounds Assignment template.