For this assignment, research the Internet or Strayer Library databases and identify an organization that was involved in corporate fraud. You will assess how the fraud impacted the organization, discuss how fraud can be detected, and evaluate the importance of teamwork and leadership in a fraud investigation. You will also assess the role of research in fraud examinations and financial forensics professions.
Write a 3–4 page paper in which you:
- Identify and assess the fraud that occurred in the organization and the impact it has had on the corporation’s investors and creditors. Provide support for your rationale.
- Suggest how a financial forensic investigation could have detected fraud in the organization. Consider the risk factors, the elements of fraud, and the analysis of competing hypotheses.
- Evaluate how teamwork and leadership are effective tools for financial forensic investigations. Provide support for your evaluation.
- Assess the role of research in fraud examinations and financial forensics professions. Give your opinion on whether or not fraud examinations and financial forensics professions can have long-term success without continuous research in the field. Provide support for your rationale.
- Use at least three quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
- This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Evaluate issues related to corporate fraud including detection, leadership, and research.