A philosophy of special education is a statement regarding your beliefs and values about special education. A shorter version of this statement is often required as part of the application process to obtain employment as a teacher.
Create a 750-1,000 word draft of your special education philosophy. Include statements regarding your beliefs and values in each of the following areas:
· The purpose of education.
· Your personal vision of meeting the learning needs of students with special needs using standards-based instruction.
· How some of the ethical frameworks and professional practice standards you have examined will guide your professional practice.
· The types of resources teachers should seek to continually deepen their understanding of cultural, ethnic, gender, and learning differences among their students.
· The types of professional activities or learning communities that would best facilitate lifelong learning.
Include three scholarly references to support your philosophy of education.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit assignments that are print deliverables to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Course Resources if you need assistance.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competencies and professional standards:
MEd in Special Education (ITL/NITL)
MEd in Special Education: Moderate to Severe (ITL/NITL)
6.1: Use professional ethical principles and professional practice standards to guide professional practice. [CEC 6.1, ICSI.6.K2, ICSI.6.K4 ICSI.6.S1, ICSI.6.S2, ICSI.6.S3, ICSI.6.S4, ICSI.6.S5, ICSI.6.S7, IGC.6.K4, IGC.6.K6, IGC.6.S2; InTASC 9(a), 10(f); MC3, MC4, MC5]
6.4: Demonstrate the significance of lifelong learning by participating in professional activities and learning services. [CEC 6.4, ICSI.6.K2, ICSI.6.K5, ICSI.6.K6, ICSI.6.K7, ICSI.6.K10, ICSI.6.S3, ICSI.6.S3; InTASC 9(a), 9(g), 10(f); MC2, MC4, MC5]
MEd in Special Education Mild to Moderate Disabilities (Nevada)
6.4: Demonstrate the significance of lifelong learning by participating in professional activities and learning services. [CEC 6.3, ICSI.6.K2, ICSI.6.K5, ICSI.6.K6, ICSI.6.K7, ICSI.6.K10, ICSI.6.S3, ICSI.6.S3, IGC.6.K5; InTASC 9(a), 9(g), 10(f); MC2, MC4, MC5]