Problem: Nursing Shortages (Workforce Management)
- Review this week’s media presentation and consider Dr. Pothoff’s comments on sampling.
- Recall the research problem, question, and hypothesis you developed in Week 2’s Discussion. With this in mind, ask yourself: What population is most relevant, and accessible, for exploring my research problem?
- Consider how you could reach this target population to gather data. What are some challenges you might encounter?
- Determine a data collection approach for your target population. Develop an informed rationale for selecting that approach.
By Day 3
Post a cohesive response that addresses the following questions:
- What are the researchable populations in your area of practice? Which would be most appropriate for use in your research study?
- What are the challenges of obtaining a sample from this population? How could you address those challenges?
- What approach would you use to collect data from the sample? Provide a rationale for the approach you choose based on this week’s Learning Resources.