Research paper basics:
- 8-10 pages in length
- APA formatted
- Minimum six (6) sources – at least two (2) from peer reviewed journals
- Include an abstract, introduction, and conclusion
- See rubric for more detailed grading criteria
Some good questions to ask yourself before turning in your research paper:
- Is the paper of optimal length?
- Is the paper well organized?
- Is the paper clear and concise?
- Is the title appropriate?
- Does the abstract summarize well?
- Are individual ideas assimilated well?
- Are wording, punctuation, etc. correct?
- Is the paper well motivated?
- Is interesting problem/issue addressed?
- Is knowledge of the area demonstrated?
- Have all key reference been cited?
- Are conclusions valid and appropriate?