Sustainable development has been defined as balancing human needs with the protection of the natural environment so that these needs can be met not only in the present, but in the indefinite future. Water resources are a big part of planning for sustainability. (NOTE: Do NOT use the same project as another student.)
Conduct research to find an example of a specific water conservation or restoration project somewhere in the world. Title your post with the name and geographic location of the project (e.g., Big Bird River – Nowheresville, MI) and tell us all about it. Include at least one embedded image of the location or other relevant picture. Also, be sure to address the following questions:
- Who is funding this project?
- How long has the project been going on?
- What are the best aspects of the project?
- What are the worst aspects of the project?
- Could the example you found easily be replicated elsewhere? Why or why not?