think about how you will set up your class going forward to support the needs of students with disabilities. Prepare a 2 – 2.5p report that addresses the items below. You can focus on 1 or more disabilities. You should have at least 3 references. One can be your textbook.
Topics for the Report:
- What kind of support (accommodations and modifications) will you provide in your classroom for students with disabilities?
- How will you address cultural and linguistic differences in the classroom?
- How will you demonstrate sensitivity and respect for your students with disabilities?
- What teaching methods will you use so that all students, even those with disabilities, can succeed in your class?
- What classroom management techniques will you use so that all students, even those with disabilities, can succeed in your class?
- How will you promote positive social interactions and reduce or address bullying?
- What kind of technology or adaptations will you use in the classroom to support students with disabilities and/or different learning styles?
- What methods will you use for family involvement and what effect do you think this will have on student achievement?
- Reflect on your most important learning from this course and your Field Experience and explain how it will impact your teaching going forward