You are the chief executive officer (CEO) of a large health care organization, Cornwall Regional Medical Center, and you noticed patient survey results show patients were clearly not satisfied with the wait times to see their primary care physician, even though there was an appointment. There are times the wait time could be an hour or more. As the CEO, you would like to see a significant improvement in wait times and an improvement in the patient satisfaction surveys.
Below are Cornwall Regional Medical Center’s mission, vision, and values statements.
- Mission: Cornwall strives to inspire and contribute to health and well-being by providing quality care to every patient.
- Vision: Cornwall will provide an excellent patient experience.
- Primary value: Patient needs come first.
- Value statements: The following values, which guide Cornwall’s mission, are an expression of the vision and intent of our founders.
- Respect: Treat everyone in our diverse community, including patients, their families, and colleagues, with dignity.
- Compassion: Provide the best care with sensitivity and empathy.
- Integrity: Adhere to the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and personal responsibility.
- Healing: Nurture the well-being of the whole person, respecting physical, emotional, and spiritual needs.
- Teamwork: Value the contributions of all.
- Excellence: Deliver the best outcomes and highest-quality service through the dedicated effort of every team member.
- Innovation: Enhance the lives of those we serve through the creative ideas and unique talents of each employee.
- Stewardship: Reinvest in our extended communities by wisely managing our human, natural, and material resources.
For this assignment, you are the CEO addressing the prompts below.
- Analyze how the organization’s mission, vision, and values impact your leadership strategy.
- Explain ways to utilize strategic planning to alleviate the situation of long wait times and low completion of patient satisfaction surveys.
- Explain the importance of quality improvement in health care. From a leader’s perspective, why does it matter whether wait times improve?
- Determine challenges that may arise in this situation when implementing quality improvement and how you will address them.
- Discuss your role as a CEO in creating and maintaining this quality-focused organization.
Include an introduction. 2pages