You work on the IT team at a local college. You are currently on an Information Systems (IS) project that is enhancing the registration system. You have a student intern who is inexperienced and untrained. The intern has only taken one information systems course. Your team lead has asked you to prepare a report about the project. In a 4–5-page report, complete the following:
- Locate information about several computer-aided software engineering (CASE) tools on the Web (note that you will also find helpful readings in Chapter 13 of your text).
- What features do the tools offer that could be beneficial to use in the development of your project?
- How do you think using them can reduce cycle time and increase quality?
- What are some difficulties that you think the intern might have in trying to develop the information system?
- What basic controls should be included in that system to ensure that students are enrolled in the classes they request?
- What security should be included in the system to prevent inappropriate use of it?
Make sure your paper is written in the APA style, with a cover page and references page, neither of which count towards the page length requirement. Support your opinion and any arguments you make with sources. Although you are expressing your opinion, it is also a critical business communication. You are to write in the third person and use an academic tone, avoiding casual embellishment or emotional appeal.